Minnesota has much more to offer than just snow and lakes, and you will get to experience a lot of it at Kairos. This diverse, creative city is filled with opportunities to learn and explore. Whether you enjoy the outdoors, learning about different cultures, or participating in the arts, Minneapolis is an ideal discipleship school location.
- Hiking and Camping
- The Superior Hiking Trail is a scenic 310 mile footpath overlooking Lake Superior.
- Minneapolis is consistently ranked one of the best biking cities in the country, boasting 92 miles of dedicated bike trails.
- Bicycling Magazine named Minneapolis as America’s #1 bike-friendly city.
- City Parks
- With 5,000 acres of park, The Trust for Public Land ranked Minneapolis the best park system in the country for 6 years in a row (2013-2018).
- The Boundary Waters is a region of wilderness that stretches between Ontario, Canada and Minnesota.
- Cross Country Skiing
- Snow Tubing
- Skyway System:
- The Minneapolis Skyway, spanning 69 downtown blocks, is the longest continuous skyway system in the world.
- Mall of America:
- Don’t forget there is no sales tax on clothes or accessories in Minnesota!
- In 2015, Northeast Minneapolis was voted Best Arts District in the nation.
- Minnesota Institute of Art
- The Walker Art Center is one of the 5 most visited modern/contemporary art museums in the U.S.
- Theater Productions
- The musical version of “The Lion King” debuted at the Orpheum theater in Minneapolis before going to Broadway.
- New York City is the only place that has more theater seats per capita than the Twin Cities.
- The Guthrie Theater is the largest regional playhouse in the country.
- The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- It is the largest urban sculpture garden in the country, spanning 11 acres with 40 permanent art installations.
- The Phillips Neighborhood in South Minneapolis is the most ethnically diverse neighborhood in the U.S. with over 100 languages spoken within 2 square miles.
- There are restaurants for every kind of ethnic food you may want to try.
- Minneapolis has several global markets and shopping malls.