With your gear, tents, and team, you and the team will haul across the European continent and engage in ministry in some of Europe’s largest and most unique cities. You will travel by coach (which is really a huge deluxe bus), and after your start in London, you’ll move on to Belgium, spend some time in Germany, and enjoy a peaceful lakeside town in Austria. Next stop: the former communist Bloc countries of Slovenia and Croatia. After a stop over in Italy, you and your teammates will have a chance to catch your breath and relax in the beautiful mountain valley of Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. Desire a little culture? Your next destination is Paris, France, where you’ll mix street ministry with cultural immersion; sample a crêpe in the Saint-Michel district, enjoy a view from the Eiffel Tower, or maybe say hello to the Mona Lisa in the Louvre. Experience the adventure that is Europe as you impact the lives of others for Christ!
You will see the most amazing churches in the world, and yet only 2% of Europeans attend church on a regular basis. Europe is one of the least evangelized continents in the world. On the Western Europe trip, you will share your faith with atheists, Muslims, Catholics, Protestants, and everything in between. You will use dance, drama, puppets, community service, and intentional questions as tools to engage people in conversations about Christ, who He is, and what He has to offer the world. Europeans love engaging in conversation and are quite open to asking hard questions and exploring new thoughts.
In addition to traveling throughout the European continent, every summer the team has the privilege of partnering with a local ministry for week. This year we will be partnering with a Methodist church close to Wesley’s Chapel in England. For those who don’t know, Wesley was the father of the Methodist movement, and it is a blessing to be able to partner with a remnant of his legacy.Close
One of the highlights of coming on the Western Europe mission trip is the opportunity to dine on the cuisines of the many different countries you will visit this summer. Taste your way through Europe, sampling things like: German brats, Polish kabobs, British fish & chips, French crêpes, Italian pasta, pizza, and the world’s best gelato (that’s Italian ice cream, and I’m serious when I say it’s the world’s best ice cream) in Verona, Italy.
You will also learn how to cook a lot of food while in Europe. One of our favorite breakfast foods we eat is Malto. If the Queen of England eats it once a week, we can definitely eat it 3 times a week. (In case you were wondering, her favorite flavor is maple.) Because we don’t want you to lose your American heritage, we make sure to eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. We buy all of our groceries in Europe, so you will get a chance to shop in grocery stores and eat like the locals.Close
You and the rest of the Western Europe team are going to be doing a lot of street performances all across Europe. If you like performing drama (or music or dance) performances, meeting new people, and talking about Christ, this mission trip might be for you. The Western Europe trip experiences new countries, cultures, and people every two to three days; so while one day you’ll be hiking in the Swiss Alps, the next you will be swimming in the Adriatic Sea, and then be wandering through the alleys of medieval Prague. If you have a spirit of adventure, crave new foods, and love amazing scenery, you’re going to enjoy this adventure.
You’ll do a lot of walking over the course of the summer, so get in shape and bring some good walking shoes!Close
If you join the Western Europe trip, you’re going to experience more than an average mission trip. And you will grow in many ways including:
- Intentional discipleship in a small group with a leader.
- Learning new ways to read and study your bible daily
- Understanding who you are in Christ and how God has uniquely wired you for life and ministry
- Growing through all of the amazing relationships you will build with your Western Europe family and the people we will be sharing Christ with
- Learning to depend on God in a whole new way
Take a look at what students have said about this trip:
- Jeremy stated, “The more I share my faith, the more passionate I become about my relationship with Christ.”
- Kelly said, “This trip has changed me and my perspective about life. I have grown more in my faith through this ministry than anything I have ever done.”
You will be on the adventure of a lifetime as you zigzag across Western Europe. Each country is unique and we will open the doors to:
- Buckingham Palace in London
- The coliseum in Pula, Croatia (an ancient Roman port)
- A small village in the Swiss/German Alps of Switzerland and their majestic mountains
- Crêpes at the Eiffel Tower (nutella is my personal favorite!)
- The beauty of Notre Dame (minus the cool, but slightly creepy, hunchback)
- Winston Churchhill’s Cabinet Rooms (he’s the British guy with the cigar from WW2)
- Tea and biscuits in London
After engaging in ministry while blazing across Europe, your team will spend a week partnering with a local church in London. You will have an opportunity to be a part of several church services and serve the local community through outreach and service projects.Close